ASEC supports AZANS with research in ATM area by mean of Fast-Time simulation tools. The aim of Fast-Time Simulation is to ensure a safe, efficient, environmentally friendly and reliable ATM system in Azerbaijan. Fast-Time simulation provides a comprehensive analysis of productivity indicators:
- sector movements, time in sector, sector load etc.;
- workload of the ATC Controller;
- traffic density vs capacity;
- number of conflicts;
ASEC is testing and evaluating new ideas, concepts and technologies of air traffic management. It allows each development step to be continuously reviewed, from the initial idea down to the testing of prototypes and their implementation under realistic conditions.
- assessment of implementation of changes in route network structure, new SIDs/STARs, new/updated ATC procedures, etc.;
- assessment of separation minima for arrivals, departures and en-route;
- weather effects on air traffic;
- innovative concepts for descents that offer economic advantages due to reduced engine power;
- performance of capacity studies for airports and terminal control areas.