Airspace Supervision and Efficiency Centre is designed for air traffic flow management with the purpose of optimization airspace utilization in region. ASEC is the connecting point in air traffic flow management between CFMU in Brussels and Singapore. With the help of Airspace Supervision and Efficiency Centre, Azerbaijan will become a strategic partner of both Eurocontrol and the Asian Flow Planning Center. Airspace Supervision and Efficiency Centre is in constant contact with Eurocontrol and Asian centers in such issues as airspace organization, using international flight planning systems, using developed data distribution systems.
The Centre performs the following functions:
- Air traffic flow and airspace capacity management;
- Monitoring, analysis, preparation of statistical data and reports on the use of airspace;
- Coordination with Eurocontrol (ATFCM, increasing capacity);
- Preparation of periodical reports of air traffic;
- Airspace Fast-time simulation in order to analyze its effective utilization and risk assessment;
- Improving of existing route network structure in region;
- Aviation Standards compliance monitoring;
- Quality, Risk and Training Management.